The BC Seniors Games Society
The BC Seniors Games Society is the owner, governing body & main funding partner for the multi-sport annual 55+ BC Games.
The Games are funded primarily by the BCSGS and the Provincial Government.
The Host Societies are guided by the BC Senior Games Society Event Managers to produce the annual Games. The average participation is 3,500 over the 5 day event, leaving behind a $3,300,000 plus Economic Impact in the business Community. Each Participant must be a member of the BC Seniors Games Society.
The Games were first organized in 1987, with the assistance of the Provincial Government, Sport, Recreation and Development branch, for the older adults of BC, as a direct bearing on their quality of life.
Past and Future Games
The Games are held in various host communities from year-to-year.
Here’s a look at where we’ve been and where we’re going.
- Abbotsford – 2023
- Greater Victoria – September 13 to 17, 2022
- Greater Victoria – POSTPONED to 2022 due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Richmond – CANCELLED due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Kelowna 2019 – 4,086 participants
- Kimberley/Cranbrook 2018 – 2,202 participants
- Vernon & Area 2017 – 3,585 participants
- Coquitlam 2016 – 3,198 participants
- North Vancouver 2015 – 3,397 participants
- Langley 2014 – 3,936 participants
- Kamloops 2013 – 3,755 participants
- Burnaby 2012 – 3,604 participants
- West Kootenay 2011 – 3,073 participants